Fiber Monday - Just some works in progress

I spent the day in a weaving class working on a color gamp. (It's like a woven color sampler.) I had meant to take a picture of all the colors on the loom, but forgot. I'll have the finished gamp to show you next week. 

In the meantime, I have a new warp on my loom at home. It's all set to begin weaving, but has sat like this for over a week because the holiday took over. 


I have another bobbin filled of the mystery fiber that came with my newest spinning wheel.


I have this much of it left...


which I hope will fill most of this bobbin... 


so I can make a three-ply yarn out of it.

My only finished object is some more dyeing I did. The spinning class I teach is going on a longish break in a couple of weeks so I need to make sure they all have enough fiber to work with. I'll probably dye this much again next week.


If you look carefully you can see different shades of red, orange, and pink. It's another dye creation I'll never be able to replicate because I was using up dye stock and wasn't measuring or keeping notes.

Finally, here's the progress so far on the knitted object I'm making from the samples from the natural dye class I took. 


It's... something. Maybe I'll like it better once I add the last two colors and I block it. Will I ever wear it? At this moment it seems unlikely, but it will suit my purpose for the student art show. It absolutely needs to be submitted by December 15. So I guess I should hit publish and get back to knitting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach