Weekly update - September 8, 23

I honestly don't know what happened to this week or what I did to fill it, but it felt a little to hectic.
  • And now that I think about it some more, I'm realizing we started school and went to a museum, so we did do something. It still feels a bit of a blur, though.
  • Today was our first real day of school. It went well and everyone seemed to fall back into our rhythm. 
  • We also had orientation for our co-op this week. It officially starts next week. I also spent some time (quite a bit of time, actually) finalizing lesson plans for the classes I'm teaching. And finishing up organizing the volunteers which is my board position. The volunteer portion still has a few to-do items, but the lesson plans are completely done.
  • Those well child visits also happened today. J. actually took everyone because after the various extended phone conversations I was feel far outside my margin of tolerance. (See? Not amazing just pretty average and I'm not always at the top of my game.) So J. broke in the new doctor this time. A job I was happy to give away in this instance.
  • I think we all need a cute animal picture right about now, don't you?

This is Nefertiti sleeping on Kyle, L.'s new stuffed dinosaur from the museum. Kyle joined us at the table for school this morning.
  • The weather is definitely changing. It was in the high 60's today which is just about my favorite temperature.
  • This morning when I went out there was an enormous flock of starlings (I think they were starlings) in the pastures. My guess is that many of the birds are getting ready to migrate because they are definitely flying about in larger groups now.
  • R. also got back into a school schedule this morning after a very long hiatus. On the whole, she did well, being able to identify and count out buttons to the number 2 for the first time. But she is so jagged. Most children have good days and tough days as far as how their learning goes. R. seems to have good minutes and tough minutes. She could do something then absolutely couldn't even begin to wrap her head around it, then could do it. It's like educational whiplash.
  • I'm hoping this next week is calmer and doesn't feel quite so hectic. I dislike hectic. I don't function well and I do my darndest to keep my schedule clear enough so hectic doesn't happen. I am not always successful.
And I think that's about it for this week. I hope your weekends are restful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach