Want some tomatoes to go that alternator?

This morning G. and I left bright and early to go meet some friends at the Wisconsin Sheep and Wool Festival. It was a beautiful day and we were excited. 

Last weekend, I didn't mention how J. spent the whole weekend getting a new battery in his car. It was kind of a saga for such a relatively simple thing. I'll spare you the details, but the short story is that the car was all ready to go with a brand new battery.

G. and I are driving along, having crossed the state line and figuring we'd be there in another half an hour. And then I notice the battery light goes on. That's not good. I turn off the radio which has been getting softer and softer, which also seemed odd. And then I realize that all my dashboard indicators are in the resting position. That's really not good. So I have G. call J. to tell him what is going on... even though I know there is and nothing he can do about it. I decided that I should perhaps move over to the right lane in case I need to pull over. So I do that. And as I'm talking to J. I can feel the car lose power and pretty much stop accelerating. I was glad I just had to pull over to the side of the road. I was even more glad that I could call AA, which I did.

So after I very nice tow truck driver, two very nice friends who came back from the festival to pick us up AND drive to the auto supply store to pickup a new alternator, and an exceedingly nice repair shop that put the new alternator in (on a Sunday) whole we waited and gave us tomatoes, we made it to the festival before lunch. It was one of those times when things just fell into place. J. and I are both thrilled we don't have to drive back up to Wisconsin to collect the car.

We enjoyed our day and didn't really miss anything of importance. I'll share more details of the fiber related aspects tomorrow. But what you all really want to see are the baby LAMBS which had been born during the three days of the festival. (Now I want sheep more than ever.)



And for those of you who live in the vicinity of Edgerton, Wisconsin, I highly recommend Steve's 51 Repair. He really went above and beyond for us and was very friendly and very reasonable. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach