Shrieking and Shopping

Last night, G. and L. were out in the craft shed and I was inside, upstairs. Out of the blue, I hear an immense amount of prolonged shrieking coming from outside. I vaguely wondered if maybe I should go outside and rescue people from whatever carnivore happened to be attacking them. 

But there ended up being no need, because the shrieking came to me. It then broke into marginal communication where I caught the words "Goodwill" and "special outfits" and "craft store" and "friendship bracelets". Clearly something very exciting was going on, but I still hadn't sorted out what.

After a few breaths, G. and L. were able to tell me that TM just texted to say he had bought them tickets to the Taylor Swift movie and would be taking them. (I didn't even know there was a Taylor Swift movie coming out.) It seems when you go see T. S., whether in person or at the movies, it requires the creation of special outfits and friendship bracelets. It is absolutely vital from what I can tell.

Since G. and L.'s wardrobes are barely a wardrobe, going shopping to find clothes seemed like a reasonable idea.

This morning after taking care of the animals, we headed off. Thrift store shopping is always hit or miss, and the lure of the hunt is part of the fun for my crew. I was more than a little relieved that today was a very good day in terms of finding things. Outfits were found. Actually I should amend that and say the outfits dreamed up in their heads were found. It's an important distinction. We did not hit the craft store today for the necessary friendship bracelet making supplies, but you know I won't be allowed to rest until we do. 

Never fear, TM is incredibly thoughtful and generous and he is taking K., Y., and H. as well. Y. would have joined in the shopping trip today except that she woke up feeling lousy. We'll hit the stores together at a later date. 

H. is pleased that she is going, too, but just a wee bit baffled as to the hoopla surrounding the event. (She likes T. S., and is looking forward to the movie.) I suggested that maybe G. and L. wanted to help sort appropriate clothing and accessories for H. as well so she could join in. They were both more than willing. Because Taylor Swift.

What are the odds that Taylor Swift would start to advocate for learning math? I'm pretty sure if she were to write a song about how cool learning math is, that never again in my life would I hear moaning about it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach