The Great Orb Hunt

Fine Line Creative Arts Center is hosting an open hunt this month where artisan made orbs are being hidden in the prairie next to the center and in a local forest preserve (Leroy Oakes). 

We thought it would be fun to head over to our favorite forest preserve and see if we could find one. It was an absolutely gorgeous day.





Do you see the bumblebee?


I haven't the foggiest idea what plant this is, but it was cool.



I can't tell you how excited I was to come across this bridge. We had taken a path that we hadn't been on before and suddenly there it was. I have driven up and down the major road right next to it and always wondered what the bridge I saw was connected to. Now I know. It was very satisfying.


And once again, we had the entire place to ourselves. 




Alas, no orbs... even with the promise of ice cream if we found one. Since there were only four left to be found this week and the forest preserve is huge, I figured it was unlikely we would find one.

We'll try again next week, but we stopped for ice cream anyway.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach