So many hours

Every year after I spend dozens of hours doing the school planning, I sit back and look at the notebook I use and think, "Is that it?" 


It certainly doesn't look like the cumulation of me spending the past two weeks doing little else. I made J. look at it this evening to ooh and ahh over it. (My instructions were very specific. "I need you to look at this and be impressed because this represents far too many hours of my life.") 

Here's the first two pages on the inside.


Yes, it's all written long hand in a spiral bound notebook. To get to this point took another full notebook of scribbled ideas along with multiple scraps of paper. It's truly the only way I can think and organize lots of information. Anything digital means very little to my brain. 

As well as what we're covering each day, I have a list of what supplies we need when and which chapter books in what order we'll be reading at teatime. I have done all the thinking and essentially have an open and go curriculum that requires very little thinking of the planning variety during the school year.  I have even ordered all the supplies I need for biology. The amount was... not a pleasant number, but if I divide by the four who are doing biology, it comes to a $60/child lab fee, which makes it sound a little better.

The only thing I have left is to do some odds and ends for the three classes I'm teaching at our co-op. They are all planned, there's just a few organizing things I need to take care of. But since we don't start classes until September 14, I can take a planning break for a bit and do other things... such as laundry which has become totally out of control. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach