Light reading

I can tell I have a lot in my head as I've been getting ready for school, getting my co-op classes ready, and as a co-op board member, getting the volunteer situation sorted out. And somewhere back in my head is my business that I have several things I need to do (and perhaps do some advertising and networking) which just hasn't reached appeared out of the depths of the inner to do list.

And how can I tell my brain is overloaded? By what I'm able to read and not read. Non-fiction has been totally out recently. I just cannot seem to focus on it. The same goes for more "serious" novels. Instead, light and fluffy is about the only thing I can handle. I plowed through the Constable Twitten mysteries by Lynne Truss. (Highly recommended, by the way.) And then I started two more books. One I just couldn't read because I didn't find the main character's family situation believable, and the other was a book I realized I had read but didn't remember. I just didn't feel like rereading it. 

So what did I pickup instead (because I absolutely cannot be without a book I'm reading)? I picked up another book that I already read. (No, I can't make it maje sense, so I won't even try.) During Covid than reread the entire Amelia Peabody series by Elizabeth Peters. That is one of my go-to comforting series, but it seemed too soon. So, I decided to reread her Vicki Bliss novels. I find these almost as satisfying as Amelia. 

If you, too, feel the need for light reading, any of these would be excellent choices. And they are all well written, which certainly cannot be said of so much lighter fiction. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach