An unexpected use of a shoelace

This morning, as I'm working on the photocopying I need to do for the school year, L. comes blowing through asking me if I had a shoelace. It seemed fairly urgent, but I couldn't think of any off hand. Y. then mentions there's a pair in the worn out sneakers she's throwing out, so the two of them head off to retrieve the shoelaces.

All is quiet again for a while until L. blows through again. "I made a slingshot and have figured out when to release it to get the rock to fly and I might have hit the trailer well I actually hit the trailer but it's only a little dent. Bye!" 

And so begins L.'s newest past time... having made a slingshot is now learning how to use it. This is the style where you swing it around and release one end which then launches the projectile. Life is never dull.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach