So much driving

K. is taking Driver's Ed this summer. This means that three days a week we need to take him to class and then two hours later we need to pick him up from class. He is thrilled to finally be able to start the process to learn to drive. 

Another big milestone for K. is that he just landed his first job. Today was his first day working at Taco Bell. It seemed to have gone well, but he did come home and fall asleep. 

These are great things for him. These are appropriate activities for him. I'm glad he's doing them. I am not so excited about all the schlepping this involved. I really, really, really don't like a day filled with a twenty minute trip here or a thirty minute trip there. It plays havoc with being able to to anything at home.

So once again, for anyone who has asked me (or thought about asking me) how I accomplish the things that I do, it's because I try very hard not to spend my days driving people hither and yon. I don't mind one or two days where I have to go places, but this nearly every day thing is for the birds.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach