Pausing for a brief advertisement

If you've read here for any length of time, then you know I really don't like advertising in general and I'm really bad at self-promotion. So that means my idea of telling people what I do involves saying something once or twice and assuming everyone knows. Then I'm surprised when everyone doesn't know. I guess I need to get over this. 

If I write one blog post that outlines what I do, then I can just link to it when I need it. It will kind of be like only promoting myself once. Right? Humor me a bit here. 

I now own two Businesses. Well there is one business and the other is a DBA (doing business as) of the first. They just sort of look like two businesses. (See me throw business-y terms around as if I know what I'm doing and didn't hire someone to take care of all the filing and legal bits.) 

The first is Bittersweet Farm LLC. I do a few things under this name. 
  • Equine Assisted Learning - This is working with horses to develop self-awareness and to experience positive change. Usually this is for adults. I also work with parent-child pairs to help develop self-regulation skills. 
  • Parent coaching - I have done this the longest (10+ years). I offer sessions either in-person or remotely. My focus is helping parents reframe their children's behavior and their own expectations and give them tools for changing outcomes.
  • Equine Education - I have parent-tot classes for 3-5 year olds and horse classes for ages 6 and up. These are unmounted. All it takes is to gather four children and I'm happy to schedule a class.
  • Guided journaling or vision board Equine Assisted Learning sessions - This give groups of up to six people a chance to come enjoy the farm, spend some time either journaling or creating, and have a taste of Equine Assisted Learning. You create the group and I'm happy to schedule. 
Then, the new business, Xanthos - Equine Assisted Leadership Development. This is aimed at helping those in leadership positions strengthen their leadership skills by working with horses. Because this work is somatic, meaning a person experiences the difference in trying things in new ways, it is extremely effective. I can work with individuals and groups up to six.

There you go, what's been keeping me busy. Obviously, for most of it you need to come see me in person. The exception is parent coaching, with the vast majority of my clients being out of state or in the UK. I'm happy to answer any questions you have. Thanks for sitting through my commercial.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach