Meet my new co-worker

This could also have been titled "There are only a few things I'd voluntarily stay up until 2am for" or "Trying not to cry in the middle of Aldi". But I'll explain in a minute. First...

Major Tubbs



(His sale listing photo)

He's a 17 year old gelding (boy) who is beautiful and charming and sane. I really cannot fully communicate exactly how excited I am about him.

P. found him. I told her I was looking for a new horse and my parameters. On Monday, P. texted me and sent a link to a horse. She said she thought he would be a really great match, but that since he was more money than was in my budget, she could cover the rest. 

This is where I struggled not to burst into tears in the middle of Aldi. And yes, of course I paused and looked at every single video attached to the listing. He was beautiful and did seem ideal.

We talked it over at dinner and I asked the seller bunch of questions, but the only hangup was that he was in Wisconsin and it would be at least a week until we could get up there to look at him. But good horses sell quickly in the current market, so in reality, we didn't have that much time. I decided that I would be incredibly sad if he was sold to someone else, so after dinner P. and I bought a horse. Well, P. totally bought the horse because I didn't have the online payments the seller took. 

Then I needed to get him home. J. reminded me that we couldn't drive up with the trailer and bring him home because the car that had the correct hitch was the one that had been totalled in the accident. I spent all of yesterday morning calling shippers for estimates of cost and time. It was looking as though it was going to be at least ten days before anyone had availability. But wait... ! I saw the woman whom I had bought Vienna from had a trailer with room coming home from Wisconsin. I jumped on it. Major Tubbs was due to arrive early evening. 

And then he was due to arrive late evening.

And then he was due to be picked up at 11pm and arriving at 2am. Which he did. I'm tired.

But he's totally worth it. He is just as amazing as he was on the videos.

The others aren't so sure. 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach