A pretty ideal day

It's been a good day, and not only because the storm that came through last night brought cooler temperatures and (slightly) lower humidity. It was mainly because I got to do things that I enjoy doing.

I had a client in the morning, so I was working, but it is work I truly enjoy. This time it was a parent-child pair. 

For lunch (a meal I don't normally like, especially if I have to actually fix something), I remembered that TM had brought over a banh mi sandwich for me (and he also brought one for J.) from our favorite Vietnamese restaurant. So that was a win. Good food that only required me to unwrap it (and remove the cilantro.) 

Then, because we had nothing on the calendar, I claimed the afternoon for weaving. I only have one and a half of the napkins I'm weaving left to do now! I am very much looking forward to being able to work on a new project. 

And since the weather was still decent, I decided that I needed to start working more purposefully with Major if I want him to remain a sane saddle horse. So I tacked him up and I took him into the forest preserve.


He did fantastic, even going all by himself. We took it a little easy because he had been sitting for a while, but even with that, he was totally sane the whole ride. 

What you don't see are the thousands of mosquitoes that tormented us all the way. I need to be more purposeful about insect repellent for both of us. It has been a very long time since I've been able to ride in the forest preserve and it made me very happy. Bristol was great if she could go with someone, but when we retired Java, that wasn't possible anymore. I tried a couple of times to take her by herself, but it made her so nervous that it wasn't enjoyable for either of us. I love having a horse who will go out alone.

So that was my day. J. mowed, which is probably not his ideal day, but it really needed to be done. K. was called into work which he didn't mind at all. And everyone else seemed to occupy themselves. There was also a library trip in there that J. did. 

It was pretty good all the way around.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach