She is fierce

You might have noticed that our adult children don't appear on the blog very often. This is by intent. They are autonomous adults and have a right to their doings not being for public consumption. (They are all quite well, by the way. This isn't at all some backhanded way of trying to hide struggles. Just in case someone decided to leap to that conclusion... )

But every so often I'll ask permission to post something or a child will give me specific permission to share. That means tonight I get to brag a bit about A. 

Last winter A. started going to a gym to learn Brazilian jiu-jitsu. She really liked it and has been extremely diligent in training several times a week. Today she entered her first jiu-jitsu tournament. She had told us how nervous she was about entering, and I'm so proud of her for going ahead and participating despite her nerves. And it paid off! In her first tournament as a white belt, she won second place in her class.


This is her winning her fight. I got to see the video, and I now know a lot more about it than I did after peppering A. with a bunch of questions about what I saw. It's kind of intense.

Several years ago I gave A. a bracelet with the quote from A Midsummer's Night Dream, "Though she be but little, she is fierce." I think it is still proving to be quite true.

Well done, A.! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach