Fiber Monday - back to weaving and reading

We had a good weekend, but it was a lot. Saturday was a birthday celebration for six people and Sunday, J. and I spent Father's Day listening to our brother-in-law's band in Evanston followed by dinner with our friends, the P. Family. All good things, but I had no energy to write.

Last week I did get my new warp tied on my loom and J. helped me wind it on. I still wasn't entirely convinced that it was going to work, but it did! I can cross a new skill off my weaving skills list.

The napkins in progress:


I am very excited to have these done and move onto something else. Other than washing another pound of Shetland wool, that's it fiber-wise.

What I have been spending every waking moment doing is reading Hey Hun: Sales, Sisterhood, Supremacy, and Other Lies Behind Multilevel Marketing by Emily Lynn Paulson. It's the reading equivalent of watching a slow motion train wreck that you can't take your eyes from. It's fascinating and disturbing. Highly recommended.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach