Weekly update - April 1

I briefly considered trying to write this as an April Fool's Day entry, but it felt like too much work and my life tends toward the unbelievable to begin with. Such as two night's ago...
  • J. went out to do the night check on the horses and I hear him come back in and call my name in a tone that was... concerning. It seemed the horses were looking like they were throwing up, but since horses cannot throw up, I went back out with him. Sure enough, every so often one would open their mouth and great amounts of saliva would pour out. All four of them. I called my vet, but got the voicemail, so went to Doctor Google. They all had the slobbers. (Yes, that's the actual name and it was confirmed by the vet the next morning.) It turns out to be rather common when horses eat clover that has developed a fungus. They are all fine, but I did not have a restful night. It seems every person who has even remote contact with horses is aware of this. I'm not sure how I missed it. 
  • We gave K. a build your own car engine for his birthday. I kind of thought since it seemed a step up from Lego (there were actual tools included) that it might take him a bit to build it. Nope. Four hours start to finish. 

  • Last weekend we dog/puppy sat for W. and MC. Here is a picture of Magpie and Mambo peering in the cat opening of the utility room wondering why they couldn't join me. 

  • We had a light week of school this week. We took a break from math and grammar, but they had some individual work they needed to do as well as continuing to work their way through a Great Courses course on Medieval cathedrals. We'll do a more typical week this coming week then have another light week after Easter.
  • I ended up having to put plastic covers over the little lettuce seedlings I planted in the garden last week. They are now looking like they are going to be just fine.
  • I am really looking forward to it being warm enough to sit outside and read.
  • We only have one more month of co-op for the school year. It's at this point I have a brief moment of panic wondering if I have enough time left to get done everything I need to cover. I think I will.
  • I love the longer hours of sunlight. Now if we could just actually see the sun. 
  • And to finish, here is an amazing sunset we had a couple of weeks ago. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach