Fiber Monday - I have something to show!

I think life might be feeling a little more under control these days because I actually did some fiber things. (Okay, calming down if you don't include the extremely bad news about our van. Bad, bad, bad. I'm just pretending it doesn't exist right now... the problem, not the van... though that's probably not sustainable.) But back to more enjoyable topics. 

First, I wove this scarf on my rigid heddle loom.



The second picture shows the fringe twisted. All I need to do now is wash it and it's all done. But, shhhh... this is a surprise gift for a friend.

The second thing I did was to finally measure the warp for sampling the napkins I want to weave. You'll remember that this is attempt number two. 


I have it sleyed through the reed, so the next step is threading and winding it on the loom. And then, finally, I can start experimenting with different patterns and wefts so I can decide how I want to weave the actual napkins. Having to take off that first warp really set me back a bit.

The thing I really want to accomplish this week is to sit down and work on the rest of J.'s sock that I have been kind of stuck on. I didn't really like the pattern I used for the first one and felt it was needlessly confusing, so I pulled out a pattern that I think is much better written. What has hung me up is that I need to figure out how to use the numbers from one pattern on the other. I don't think it's going to be difficult or even take that long, it's just deciding to sit down and actually do the work. But I really need to because I am more than ready to be knitting something else. Hopefully by writing it here, I'll feel as though I have to actually do it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach