Fiber Monday - Finally making some progress

I finished spinning the blue wool I had dyed. 


I'll let it rest on the bobbin for a bit and then chain ply it. I am very close to having actual yarn to show for this project.

I also finished combing the unappealing brown color and am working on spinning it. There is not going to be as much of it because I scrapped a lot after the ill-fated attempt at processing it using the drum carder.


Isn't it weird how this brown looks in the picture? It is far more appealing here than in person. 

I've also started to comb the next color. I decided to work on the emerald green.


And perhaps my biggest news from the week is that I finally sat down and figured out how to continue with the socks I'm knitting. I'm so ready to start knitting something new. But I also feel as though I have a significantly better idea of how knit socks are constructed. 


Not a huge amount to show for the week, but certainly got over some hurdles.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach