Celebrating Y.'s 16th birthday

Y.'s birthday isn't until Tuesday, but tonight was the night everyone was free to celebrate, so that's what we did. She chose dumpling stir fry, stir fried lotus root, and jasmine rice for her birthday dinner with apple pie for dessert. 

Did I get any pictures? No, I did not. My excuse is that when we have so many people around the table it is very difficult to get out of some seats and grab your phone which is in the other room. 

I'll share a picture of her birthday gift, though. Well, part of her birthday gift.


The main part of her gift is the birds which will go inside, but she needs to be a part of that process. Y. was pretty excited because she has wanted birds for a long time.

But really, I want to know how on earth she is sixteen!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach