Winter found us

 

This was my view from the pasture when I went out to get the hay nets this morning. Beautiful, isn't it? It snowed lightly most of the day, but the temperature was hovering around freezing, so it wasn't actually that cold. It's kind of the perfect winter day in my book.

No snow day for anyone, though. J. went to work and we did school. Afterwards quite a few people headed outside to enjoy it. K. and Y. built a wall of what was going to be a snow fort. The snow was pretty heavy and by the time they had rolled two (enormous) snowballs, they realized they couldn't stack them. I'll try to remember to get a picture of it tomorrow.

We are heading into our last few days of January, which means we are heading into the last few days of my completely cleared calendar. I think everyone else but me is ready to go out and do things again. I would be more than happy to continue to have lots of free time to fill. I'm good at filling my free time. But, I guess I will begin to rejoin the wider world. Plus, horses are expensive if they aren't contributing to the bank balance and unless I'm out there working, neither are they. The bank balance is telling me that I need to make more of an effort towards that bottom line.

So that's us. Nothing earth shattering. I like it like that. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach