Fiber Monday - Not a terribly productive week

I've done quite a bit of reading this week, but not a whole lot of other things. I did finish weaving the trial warp I put on my new loom. I did end up finding a yarn to use as weft that I ended up liking. Here it is. Other than take it off the loom I haven't done a thing with it. I still need to hem the ends, wash it, then trim the threads that are sticking out. I think I will use it as a table runner.



I have been trying to decide what project to weave next. I want it to be somewhat familiar so I can use it to continue to get used to the loom. But one of the things I like about weaving is that the end product is useful. To that end I think I'm going to weave some napkins that will match this runner. I know I don't have anything which will remotely coordinate, so that's what I'm in the planning stages for.

I also worked a little on combing some of that wool I spent the fall during. It's not going to comb itself, that's for sure! I'm about halfway through the 400 grams of blue. You don't quite realize how much 400 grams is until you have to process it. 


I am looking forward to spinning it, though.

Because I have so much wool I need to process, I told J. last week that I wasn't going to buy any fleeces this year unless I saw a really good deal on s Shetland fleece. (I really want to play around with Shetland.) Well, guess what popped up in one of my fiber sales groups the next day? You guessed it... A really good deal on some nice Shetland. So I bought some. Some in this case being four pounds because a chunky cabled sweater will probably take about two pounds and you tend to lose half the weight in processing. I love that it's vacuum packed because it's easier to store.


I won't be doing anything with this until it warms up. In the meantime I really do have more projects than I can possibly find time for. It's a problem. I'll never get bored, though. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach