Let's talk about a silly book

Today was sort of better. R. is still not regulated and one of us needs to be near her at all times, but I don't feel as though she is teetering on the edge of psychosis. It's a step forward, but we are all exhausted. 

I was excited to see I had several books on hold at the library so picked them up on the way home from co-op. (R. had stayed home with J. who was trying to work remotely. Ha. I'm not sure how much work he was actually able to accomplish.) I needed a diversion with some new books to look at. 

One of them was a book I had seen recommended about using thrift store finds in creative ways so I had reserved it. It had taken a while to arrive and it couldn't have come at a better time. 

Now, I'll be the first to admit that my own mental state is not at its peak, so that could be playing into my strong disappointment, but I don't think so. I think it's just a book filled with extremely dubious ideas. It kind of seems as though the author had a couple of good ideas, but then had far more pages to fill and was grasping at straws. 

Here, I'll share a couple of the more laughable ones. 

The first one I came across that made me go 'huh?' was the suggestion to strip used books of their covers and use them as trivets. Yep, that was the sum total.


This was pretty early in the book, so I was willing to assume there were still some decent ideas to come. 

And then I came to the suggestion to cover rocks with leather. Why? I'm not entirely sure. I am sure this is one of those projects that is far more difficult and time consuming than the instructions would have you believe.


I was now flipping through the book curious is the ideas would continue to plummet in usefulness. I was not disappointed. It was then that I came to the idea to create...

Wait for it...

Zombie Barbies. 

Yep. 


I am baffled. Now you can be baffled as well.

I have never been so glad I checked this book out of the library and didn't purchase it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach