First day back to school... sort of

We don't actually start our school schedule until Monday, but today was the beginning of our homeschool co-op for the year. Everyone was very excited to begin and to see friends. I'm teaching three classes this year: Creative Writing, Sheep to Scarf, and Knitting for Beginners. I enjoy teaching them and it allows me to pay for the classes my people are taking that I'm not teaching. Yesterday as I was getting the final bags packed for my classes, I was very grateful for the hours I put into planning before heading to Yellowstone. It made for a couple of fairly crazy weeks, but it did certainly make yesterday and today go much more smoothly. I'm sure I will think that same thing on Monday when we sit down to begin school again.

I do have some things to finish up over the weekend. I have copying to do so everyone has all the materials and information they need. I need to plan K.'s Afghanistan independent study, and I need to make a couple of new activity boxes for R. These last two things do not absolutely need to be done for Monday, so if I need to take longer than the weekend to get them finished, I can do that without it causing major issues. 

I know it will be good to get back into a routine. I think everyone here is about summer-ed out and would like to have things they need to do. But, I will miss having my mornings free. From past experience, I know that I feel this way every single year and every single year it turns out to be just fine.

We have almost recovered from returning from our trip. Everything is mostly unpacked, but a few bags still remain in the living room. There's that pile of receipts I will need to deal with this weekend. (Actually, I'm sure absolutely everything will look better once I tackle those receipts and see where we actually stand rather than my catastrophic imaginings. I just haven't had the wherewithal to face it yet.) The animals are adjusting to us being back home. I think Nefertiti missed us more than we realized as she has insisted on sleeping on our bed for the past couple of nights. She usually prefers to stalk around the house by herself at night. 

Oh, and our van is a 2005, not a 1995. TM caught that error in my last post. So it's pretty old, just not ancient. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach