Fiber Monday - Some color and not much else

Last Thursday, I began to teach twelve people (ages 8 to adult) to spin with a suspended spindle. It was... challenging. Not because it is a particularly tricky thing to do, but because I couldn't clone myself and help each person for as long as it would take to get them really spinning. Clearly, expecting to be able to run around and help everyone at once was not a workable game plan. So, I spent some time with the adult in the class helping her figure it out. She was going to then help her daughter who is also in the class. I work with G. and Y. over the weekend, so they are doing quite well. Plus, I showed another mother who has two boys in the class so she could help them. That takes care of six people who should be in better shape come Thursday which leaves me with just six more plus another adult who can help. I'm hoping that everyone will feel confident enough by the end of class on Thursday to be able to take their spindles home to practice. We'll see. I also thought I could help all twelve people at once, too, so we'll see. 

Pretty much my fiber activities have involved dyeing wool for the class, because colored wool is a lot more fun to spin than just plain white. Here is the braid I dyed last week.


Here is what I dyed on Sunday. It's turquoise and chestnut. (The picture was in the drying rack in the dark with the flash.)


Since I'm still figuring out the whole dye amount-thing, I had a bit more dye so threw in some icelandic wool that I had kicking around. (I have no idea what I'll do with it.)


And that's it, the sum total of my fiber-y activities this past week. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach