Yet more library adventures

If I'm not posting everyday at the moment it's because all I'm doing is planning school and am saving you from endless posts about planning school. You do not escape today, though.

While I have a general outlines of what we are covering and when in both the middle ages and botany, that is really just the beginning. Once I have that, it is time to find more books and movies and resources and slot them in. That is where I am right now. It means that while I checked out a lot of books to begin with, that was nothing compared to what I have out right now. As I mentioned, I hit the limit for allowed number of holds at our library. This is because as I was planning the general outline, I then had a better idea of the specific topics owe would be covering which required specific books. 

It turns out the librarians at our library didn't even know that there was a limit of the number of holds. I learned that the first time I was in today checking out books and figuring out which cards the hold was linked to. Remember when I would despair that the librarians didn't know me here and how sad that was because all the librarians knew us in Evanston? Well, I think we can cross that off my list of things to feel sad about. After five years of school planning and the crazy amount of books that entails, they all know me now. I think it's in a good way.

So I went this morning after my riding lesson to pick up the books that had arrived. I chatted with the librarians and went home with my stack of books. A couple of hours later, I received a message that I had more books that had arrived. These were books I needed if I was going to continue to work on the school schedule, so back to the library I went.

The librarians saw me come in and we all began to laugh. They knew when they saw the pretty enormous stack of books arrive right after I had been there that I would be back. I was happy I didn't disappoint them. I was also very glad that K. decided to go with me because some of them were very large and heavy art books. I had him carry the heavy ones for me. I'll also add that there were so many books that they had given me my own shelf on the holds shelf. I checked everything out and turned to leave. "See you tomorrow!" the head librarian called out. I laughed and agreed, and deep inside I felt a warm cozy feeling that said home. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach