And so it starts

We're now nearly in the middle of August which means that I need to get a move on and plan school. So that is what I'm doing this weekend. I don't imagine I'll get it all finished, but I'm really hoping to make a dent so that I can just fill in the odds and ends.

Here's my starting pile. I have more books due to arrive at the library in the next couple of days, but I have the essentials for starting a general outline.


This year we'll be studying the Middle Ages and botany. I will have two 8th graders, a 9th grader, and a 10th grader this year so I can't really reuse previous year's Middle Ages lesson plans because they are aimed at a much younger audience. Once again, I'm pretty much starting from scratch. 

If you don't hear from me in the next few days, this is why. I'm either still staring at books and making lists or I'm done staring at books and making lists and cannot do anything else at that moment.

Here we go... !

Comments

Leslie said…
Please keep us updated on any great resources. I'm doing Middle Ages and Marine Biology with my son-roughly an 8th grader- this year. I'm still piecing the Middle Ages together. Our library only seemed to have books aimed at elementary ages -and not many of those! I've ordered a few historical fiction books from Ebay. The Shining Company and The White Stag have arrived, but a quick glance through makes me think it will be a struggle to get my sci-fi loving kid to read them on his own. We may need to do a ton of read-alouds this year, although I was really hoping to get him to do a lot of his own reading. We'll see how it goes.

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach