Art openings and ice cream

Fine Line Creative Arts Center has a new exhibit... On the Wing... which opened tonight. J. and I had been feeling a little as though we needed to up our summer fun quotient, so we decided to have an early dinner (for us, we ate at 6:30) and take everyone to the opening. To add to the fun, we decided to stop by our local ice cream stand for dessert.

I recommend the exhibit if you are in the area. It's all bird-related art and there are some really interesting pieces on display. Of course the ones I liked the best were also the ones that were most certainly not in our budget. It seems our family tends towards quirky, as it was the quirkier pieces that caught everyone's attention. I think this dodo was the hands-down favorite.


Here are a few more.



There was heavy lobbying to buy the penguins. I did love them. L. offered to make me my own set if I bought her a kiln and pottery wheel. Suddenly, the penguins seemed like a much better financial choice. We did not buy the penguins... or a kiln.


Here are some of the art viewers.

They really did enjoy it, I promise.

It was only when we were done and walking back to the van that I realized that G. and L. had a total art student at gallery opening vibe going on with their vests they have hand painted.



And as I took this picture, I then realized that they were pretty much wearing all black which just added to the look.


Then is was time for ice cream. K. chose a marshmallow sundae which looked to be mostly whipped cream. He was perfectly okay with that.


The whole crew.


It was a lovely summer evening outing. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach