Signs of spring

It was stupidly cold today. I put the winter coat back on and went back to wearing wool. I am 100% without a doubt done with cold weather. Spring is lost somewhere, and I wish to goodness it would just stop and ask for directions instead of wandering aimlessly. 

The flowers seem to think it's spring, though. I am always ridiculously excited when I see that my little frittilary has come back. 


It's not a very big plant, and its leaves do not look like tulip or daffodil leaves. They just kind of look like grass. I am always very careful to not weed near the area where I think it is for fear of pulling it up. But this year there are three little flowers on it.


The third is smaller and hasn't opened up yet. You can see it midway down the right side of the plant. I first planted the bulbs three or four years ago. Then it just had one flower. It has taken all this time to work up to three. 

Still, I think I would enjoy it even more if I didn't have to wear my winter coat to admire it.

Comments

LG said…
Thank you! I just saw this in the Keukenhof Gardens, Netherlands, and I couldn't remember the name. Your picture is so much clearer than mine! Another long-time reader, very-seldom commenter.

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach