Fiber Monday - Not much

I think I've managed to get into the studio just once this past week. The week must have been busier than I thought it was. It also means I don't have much to share. 

The day I did manage to get some time to spin, I decided I needed some color, so I opened up one of the polwarth/silk braids I bought last weekend. It is really beautiful. I have no idea what it will become, but it is very enjoyable to spin. Here is what it is looking like.


The picture doesn't really do it justice. When you look at it in person, there are a lot more color variations in the yarn and, because of the silk, it has a sort of sheen to it that doesn't come through in the photo. Next time TM is over, I'll see if he can get a decent picture of it. Anyway, it is beautiful. 

And that's all I have. By Friday, I need to have finished figuring out how my Sheep to Scarf class is going to do the weaving portion. I am nearly there, but it still needs some fine tuning. That was supposed to be today, but bills and organizing tax stuff both for us and for my business took far more of the afternoon than I really wanted to dedicate to those tasks. (I've decided that I can manage laundry and other household tasks like that, but the ultimate in luxury would be a personal accountant. I would never have to deal with money, I could just hand them checks and bills and receipts and go about my merry way. Doesn't that sound completely wonderful?) 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach