Blast from the Past

I'm not sure how many people are aware of the analytics behind Blogger, but not only can I see how many people have viewed a given post, I can also see a list of the posts which have been looked at recently. Sometimes, a post will be on the list and have no recollection what it is about so I click on it. It's kind of fun rereading posts like that. I've been keeping this blog since April 5, 2006. (I kind of missed that anniversary, didn't I?) That means there is 16 years of writing here, and since I write nearly every day, that equals 3,817 posts (including this one). That's a lot of writing. It also means that it is unlikely that new readers are truly aware of the thousands of words that are buried in the archives here. 

For fun, because I've come across several posts which have amused me, I thought I would dig out some of those posts and let them see the light of day again. There are several pretty amusing ones, even if I do say so myself. I'll give you some hints as to what they are all about.

Cinquains (a poetic form) have made two appearances it seems. The first (and my favorite) is


The second is a little more recent and little more angsty.


It won't surprise you to learn that the next set are book related. We'll start with a post from when I still read at lunch. This post amuses me because when I clicked on it to see what it was, I totally had myself going and briefly wondered what had happened that life had changed so much. 


Next is a library-related post. I'm beginning to think it was just the Evanston library which created such blog fodder. Our current library has not left us with nearly as many interesting stories to share. 


A list like this wouldn't be complete if I didn't include another annotated list. This one is fiction for adults.


Here is one that combines books and homeschooling. I still can't quite believe I pulled this off. The amnesia that usually eventually occurs after a large and rather misguided craft has yet to hit, though, because I haven't bound another book since.


And if we're moving into the topic of homeschooling, I need to share the last iteration of homeschooling room we had in the Big Ugly House. I actually liked this iteration the best... and I miss that room we had on the third floor. 


Here is one with a lot of pictures. This is from when D. was 12. In some ways it seems unbelievable that not only is D. not 12, but that G. and L. are nearly past that age as well. 


On the subject of family life, one of the odder things that arrived in the mail. Odd, but certainly not the oddest. I'm torn as to whether the bucket of dissection specimens or the dermestid beetles or the ball python should receive that particular honor.


And finally, further hilarity at the grocery store.


Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach