Warmth

What is better than hitting 70 degrees in mid-March? Not much, I think. I held one of my co-op classes outside, we had teatime outside, the pastures are much drier so the horses can be out, and I could do stalls without a winter coat. Heaven.

When we lived in Evanston, four blocks from Lake Michigan, I truly disliked this season. We would hear the weather report for places farther away from the lake, but we would often be twenty degrees colder. This is lovely in the middle so summer when it is beastly hot, but really not so nice in March when you just want to stop shivering. Each year we have been out here, I have enjoyed immensely being the one to get the better weather. 

I even have some small yellow crocus coming up in the garden. They are crocus that I had completely forgotten we planted. (And by we, I'm pretty sure I mean B., because I have no recollection of doing it.) They are such a hopeful sight on top of being a complete surprise. I'll have to remember to take a picture. 

It all gives one a little bit of hope, which is no small thing when the world feels as though it is teetering on the edge of chaos.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I agree! I also live in the area and I had a wonderful afternoon!

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach