A story in diagrams










Comments

Britta said…
😄
sandwichinwi said…
I love diagramming too and made my children do some. I don’t recall anyone hating it. Idk if the loved it.
Rebecca said…
I loved sentence diagramming as a kid! As an adult, I've often thought Bible study group discussions would be more profitable if a few more people had learned how to do it. ;-)

Do you have any recommendations for how to learn/teach diagramming? I'm a very eclectic/DIY homeschooler and none of my current favorite materials do more than a basic introduction to sentence diagramming. I would love to learn more and teach my kids, though!
thecurryseven said…
Rebecca, I've always used Rod and Staff for grammar, mainly because of the focus on grammar and diagramming. But you should know ahead of time that it is published by a conservative Mennonite publisher which means it has a few... quirks. I skip all the exercises with archaic language (because that group uses the King James Bible). It is not necessary for us. It is also work heavy, so I tend to do every 3rd number in a section. We also take two years to work through a grade, skipping the next grade when moving onto a new book. For example, we just finished grade 5 which we've been in for a couple of years and have moved into grade 7. They spiral heavily, so because there is so much review built in, it's never been a problem.

e

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach