Celebrating Y.'s 15th Birthday

Tomorrow is Y.'s birthday, but we celebrated tonight because most people could make it. We had almost everyone together. Y. chose dumpling stir-fry with caramel apple pie for dinner. (For breakfast tomorrow she chose rice congee and cereal... not to be eaten together, though.)

Some pictures,

Her birthday candles say '15'.



Opening up Grammy's gift of two book from her favorite series (Fablehaven by Brandon Mull).

Her big gift was a hardcover book about the Thorne Rooms which she has wanted for a very long time. This is her face when she realized what was in the package.

Happy Birthday, Y.! We love you very much!!


Comments

Jennifer said…
I don't know if you are still looking for blog topics but I did have a couple of questions that I would love you to answer if you have the time:

1. How do your children cope when someone else is celebrating their birthday? I remember my mother giving us presents (just a small one) when someone else was celebrating, something I don't do because it's a skill I want my kids to learn.

2. What is your strategy for dealing with constant bickering between children? I watched a video another adopting family does regularly and the mother is going to try rewarding peacemakers with stuff. I'm not a fan of "stuff" in general and I certainly can't afford the reward cupboard she put together. There has to be another way!

Thanks for reading!

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach