National Day of the Horse

December 13 is the day set aside to remember the economic, historic, and cultural contributions equines have made. In honor of the day, I thought I would share some pictures from the past year of my equines.


I will admit I still pinch myself a bit when I realize I have a horse... and not just one horse, but four of them. It feels like an embarrassment of riches.


Horses have made me healthier, both physically and emotionally. Spending time with them is calming. It is the very rare day that I don't don't feel better after having spent some time with them.


I truly believe that horses help us to regulate ourselves. Just as I use co-regulation to help calm my disregulated children, horses can co-regulate the people around them. I've seen anxious children and adults become calmer in their presence.


Horses can help us to be more mindful of the present, letting go of past concerns and future worries.


Horses are beautiful.








Nearly every person who has come spent time with these horses comes away feeling as though they understand themselves a little better.



Horses have given me a new direction in life. If you would like to come spend some time with horses and grow in self-awareness, I still see clients for equine facilitated learning session... even in winter. We just wear more layers. Head to my website and fill out an the interest form: Bittersweet-Farm.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach