All is well

Surgeries are done and were successful. Both parties are feeling more than a little rough, but that is not unexpected after surgery. R. is still blissfully unaware that hospitals were involved in any way. I always find it a great relief to be on this side of things... even if they were fairly straightforward procedures and my-child-having-surgery experience is now well into the double digits. It's never something to take lightly. 

I spent the day being very productive which is pretty much how I handle serious stress. I have finished our school planning, I have finally ordered the rest of our books, I have both checkbooks under control (because what I didn't really think about is when you start your own business, there are financial things to keep on top of there, too), the laundry is nearly done, and those of us going to take D. to school will be ready to leave on Wednesday. 

I still need to get my piles of books put away, write actual lesson plans for the co-op classes I'm teaching, and figure out activities for R. But compared to where I was with all of this a week ago, that feels like nothing. 

Next year, because I will be having to do all of this again. I think what would make the most sense is to just cancel everything... lessons, classes, etc. ... for two weeks and just buckle down and get it all done. While in general I actually enjoy doing the planning, what is stressful is when I can only do it in bits and pieces over the course of a month. I find I have to many things I'm trying to keep track of, even with writing down long lists, and thus for a month I feel as though my brain is on total overload. I do not multi-task, and trying to do massive planning while doing everything else feels like too much multi-tasking. I think the key is to not try to do everything else. We'll see if by writing this down I'll remember next year. 

And the biggest benefit for you, my readers, is that because I have now officially emptied my brain of school planning, I will not feel the need to write about it any longer. Feel free to break out the champagne.

Comments

Leslie said…
I always enjoy your school planning posts. It encourages me to look at my plans from a slightly different angle.

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach