Random facts

I have no idea what to write, so I will resort to writing a list. Because that is the good advice I offer to students when I am teaching writing. So, here are ten totally random facts that you might not know about me. 

1. I am incredibly claustrophobic. I do not do tight spaces. Even mummy sleeping bags make me claustrophobic.

2. At the end of my senior year in college, I thought I wanted to become an interior designer, so applied to various graduate school programs. I received rejection letters from all of them. If you look at my house now, you will realize that this has ceased to be a priority for me.

3. I played (at) alto saxophone in the Northwestern University Marching Band in college. No, I wasn't really a sax player, but was a flute player. They are fingered the same, and I did not want to play flute in marching band. And no, I was not good at all at the saxophone. In fact, I'm not even sure I actually like the instrument. 

4. At one point in my life I could type 80 words per minute. I'm probably pretty close to that number even now.

5. When J. and I got married, we thought four children seemed like just the right amount.

6. I do not like to swim. I actually don't care for water all that much. It's nice to put your feet in when it's hot. Give me a beach chair, an umbrella, and a book. 

7. My grandfather (on my father's side) was an actual cowboy in Arizona where my great-grandfather owned a cattle ranch.

I think this is from the 1920's.

8. On my mother's side, my great-grandfather founded the college of law at University of Arizona. My family has been in Arizona for a long time. Well, until my brother and I decided we didn't actually like heat, that is.

9. Growing up, we had a basset hound who could open up the refrigerator with his paw.

10. I used to be a very picky eater. Now I'll eat just about anything and not feel the need to pick it out. Anything except cilantro. That I will still pick out .


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach