A good mail day

A couple of months ago, I ordered a set of hand-painted Chinese peasant paintings through the woman who took us shopping both times we were in Guangzhou. They arrived today!! Do you want to see? 





The paper is very curled so it was a little difficult to take pictures of them. Y. helped to choose which ones to order. Her favorite is the second from the top; the winter scene. I kind of love that we accidentally chose a painting from each season. Now to get them framed. That might have to be a tax refund expense because I really want to be able to hang these on the wall soon. They make me happy... and they make Y. very happy, too.

Comments

papa smurf said…
#4 for me 😊

very cool. and timely. xo
Unknown said…
Those are so beautiful. They have a certain quality that the advent calendars my grandmother used to send us had. Somehow the pictures are of miniature scenes, but just how do we know? The color palate is like a lot of the commercial art for labels we see in the local Chinese supermarkets. I have bought a few things just for the labels and would have gotten many others if the contents had been vegetarian.

So glad R is starting to have an easier time.
Warmly
Colin

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach