Meal Planning - April 5 - 11, 2021

This is a day late because the grocery shopping and meal planning happened a day late. I just never got to making a menu and shopping list yesterday, so instead I ran to the major chain grocery store on my way home from my riding lesson. The theme for this week is 'what was on sale at the expensive major chain grocery store.' The other theme is 'what can I come up with in the ten minutes I have before my student arrives.' There was not a lot of forethought this week, but we have food to cook and meals to eat.

Monday, April 5

Green chicken curry
     There were green beans on sale for a very good price and I found chicken breast on sale as well. I knew I had the other ingredients on hand to make this.
Fresh noodles
     In the freezer from my last trip to the Asian market
Dumplings
     Everyone got two dumplings because I wasn't buying more than one extremely over-priced bag of dumplings on the chain store. Good golly they're expensive there. If you usually shop at a regular store and buy dumplings, please go find an Asian market and save yourself a bundle of cash.

Tuesday, April 6

Ham
     Also extremely on sale at the store
Sweet potatoes
Rye bread
     Store bought
Salad

Wednesday, April 7

Lamb casserole
     We have a good amount of lamb left over from Easter. I will be totally making this up when I start to fix dinner tomorrow. Essentially, it will be some noodles, a white sauce, some cooked vegetables, and the lamb. Seasonings will be what inspires me at the moment.
Salad

Thursday, April 8

Split pea soup
     The other plus to the really cheap ham was the promise of a second dinner. I already had the dried split peas.
Drop biscuits
     From scratch

Friday, April 9

Spaghetti
     I never feel like cooking on Fridays and I had a bag of frozen sauce in the freezer
Salad
Garlic bread

Saturday, April 10

Fish chowder
     I made this for the first time a few weeks ago and it was incredibly good. I still had fish in the freezer to use, so this was an easy choice.
Sourdough bread
     Store bought

Sunday, April 11

Tacos
     Another easy, don't have to think about it meal. Plus, there is ground beef in the freezer.
Refried beans
     From a can, I need to make more from scratch for the freezer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach