The sound of silence

Hello Library, my old friend,
We've come to visit you again
Because curbside was at least something
To provide books that we were reading
But it still isn't quite the same as being there
without care
Within the shelves of books.

In restless dreams I read alone
No groups but just the phone
In my reading chair with its good light
I read and read throughout the night
But those books, there were many that were just not so good
If I only could
Peruse the shelves of books

My children read and read a ton
The same books always one by one
They need to see the books to find new reading
If they do not you might find me weeping
Because I tell you that I am just so done
About Rick Riordan
We need the shelves of books

There was great joy today because
The library opened and it was
A chance to find new things to read
We picked books with a sort of greed
We finally have new books to read out loud
It's a relief
Thanks to the shelves of books


Guess what we did today? Yes, our library reopened to patrons being allowed inside. When we arrived home, there were definitely a couple of hours where all you could hear was the sound of silence. Well... silence and turning pages.

Comments

Anonymous said…
The Sound of Silence is one of my favorite songs. And going to the library is one of my favorite things to do. So I LOVED this post!
Sara Parker said…
Are you me? Am I you?

My 9 year old has started laying two Rick Riordan books out in front of himself to read. He thinks he’s a genius because he can read them at the same time. He basically has them memorized. I think, maybe, the others are FINALLY tired of reading them over and over.

I cannot wait to go into the library again. Congrats!

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach