Snow day

The promised snow did arrive last night. We got about eight inches of snow and it kept snowing lightly throughout the day. As far as I know, it's still snowing, but not really enough to accumulate much. The best news as far as my very tired children are concerned was that it was excellent packing snow. Most of them spent nearly the entire day outside, first building two sets of battlements and then having a long, involved, ongoing snowball fight. While I have some pictures to share with you, I have no pictures of the snowball fight. It was deemed to dangerous to go over there and take pictures. At least if you didn't want to be pummeled by snowballs. 


Bristol


Aster... who loves the snow. When she is in snow, she does everything possible to touch the snow with as much of her body as possible.

Bristol and Java in the north pasture.

The drifts along this side of the pasture were over a foot high.

I was outside for a bit, but I also spend some of the day at my spinning wheel. W. had given me some new wool at Christmas, and I really wanted to see what it would look like spun. And spinning fluffy wool into fluffy yarn seemed like a very good snowy day activity.


This is what it looks like before being spun. Eventually I will ply the yarn I spin and the final yarn will have two colors plied together the whole length. I think it is going to be very pretty. Do I know what I will do with it? No idea. I may hand it off to the P. Family mom because she is much better at figuring those sorts of things out.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach