Reading nook

Our house-wide rearranging is slowly, s-l-o-w-l-y, becoming organized again. (Thank you, Covid, for not allowing me to make full and complete use of what could have been a very useful quarantine.) The utility room is starting to look a bit more organized and I have more room, which is nice, but even better, our bedroom is starting to get put back together. One benefit of it all is I now have this wonderful little reading nook, which, I have spent quite a bit of time in recently. Isn't it cozy?


The second floor of our house has all these rather inconvenient dormers in every room, bathrooms, too, and it can be a challenge to know what exactly to do with them. This used to be J.'s desk and work area, but it did not provide him a huge amount of room, especially now that he is pretty much remote full time again. 

As a result of all the moving around, he has a slightly bigger area plus a filing cabinet in which to organize papers.


It still has some organizing that needs to happen and some things hung on the walls, but I think it is going to be a much better work space in the long run. That wooden filing cabinet is one of the pieces of furniture that started this whole thing. I'm pretty happy to have it out of the family room at last.

I think both J. and I are finally feeling better. To give you some perspective, the poor horses had their basic needs met, but they haven't had a whole lot of extra attention the past couple of weeks. Today, I was able to take out Emmy's new sidepull bridle and get it fitted. I even lunged her a bit. She was pretty well-behaved considering how long it's been since she's been asked to work. 


I think this new bridle is going to work well for her as she does much better without a bit. We just need to add another hole in the jowl strap (the one strap not fastened), as she is not quite as narrow through her face as some Arabians. 

Add in cleaning up the studio which had become a little out of control and a menu made for Thanksgiving week, I think it's the most productive day I've had in quite some time. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach