Positive

That would be the J.'s test result that took nearly a week to come back. Since that time, quite a few people in the house have gotten sick and recovered. I'm much, much better and J. is improving. The few who have not succumbed are holing up in their rooms trying to avoid the rest of us. While we have felt not great, I think it is safe to say that we have had a mild experience with this virus.

We are looking at about ten more days of quarantine, though. I spent some time this afternoon cancelling classes and lesson I was teaching. I hope the weather cooperates and we can make them up after Thanksgiving. I still have one doctor's appointment for R. that was scheduled for next week that I need to reschedule.

And suddenly, I find myself with ten days with nothing on the calendar. I can't say I'm terribly upset about that. Since I am feeling better, the first day or so is going to be spent trying to dig out from under the disaster that has become the house while I sat on the couch. Then I will feel much better able to enjoy my free time.

It probably says something my current schedule that being quarantine because nearly my entire family has or has had Covid is feeling like a relief. I suppose I can stew about that as I scrub bathrooms and the kitchen, because the whole thing has also made me a little hyper-aware of all the surfaces where germs can be lurking.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach