Much to my children's relief...

I have finally updated the "About" page on the blog. They have been pestering me to update it for a couple of years now. Since the last time I did was four years ago, I guess they all have a point. Children grow and change an awful lot in four years. In my defense, do you know what at pain it is to collect pictures of twelve individuals that they both like and approve of showing to the world? This time the heavy lifting of that endeavor went to A. who took care of getting pictures of the younger six. I think you'll find everyone looks quite a bit more grown up.

The other thing you'll notice if you head over there (and which you'll also notice in any future posts) is that an initial has changed. It's not a difficult change, so I think you can all manage it. M. for all future posts will be known as W. See? Just turn that M. upside down and there you are. Not hard. W. changed his name a while back and I was slow to keep up. Plus, the initial was already in use, so I'm using a middle initial, as I do for several others. (This counts as things you don't think of when naming children... that your future blog will become confusing if you have too many children's names all starting with the same letter.) I've also left ages off my adult children, because, you know, they are adults with their own lives and I think it's pretty darn nice of them to continue to play along with the family blog. This is also something else you don't think about when starting to write something like this. I certainly didn't think about how to navigate my children's adulthood when I first started writing nearly fifteen years ago. 

So, I've now made everything nice and updated and am off the hook for at least a year. Head over to the "About" page and check it out.

Comments

Jennifer said…
Great job! And the pictures are phenomenal. I didn't know that TM was planning on enlisting - We will keep him in our thoughts.
Rusulica said…
I enjoyed seeing the updated "About" page. Kids (and parents!) look great, and it was nice seeing what's everyone up to. It's weird for me to get to know(a bit of) a family that lives across the ocean, a family I'd never encounter or knew existed if it wasn't for internet. But also the family that became dear to my heart, almost like fictional characters do, but better, because I know they really exist. And it's a wonderful thing such nice people exist. Thank you for writing this blog and hello to everybody
from
Sana, Croatia
thecurryseven said…
Thank you, Jennifer! It is a good match for him and he is enjoying it.

Rusulica, that is so sweet! It makes me so happy that I have readers from all over the world.

e

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach