Fatigue

Everyone seems to be pretty recovered from out little household-wide encounter with Covid. We're still technically under quarantine, though because L. didn't get sick until last Wednesday. J. and I are both feeling significantly better, though we are still finding that our stamina is not fully recovered yet. 

Take yesterday, for instance. By mid-afternoon I was beat and pretty much sat on the couch and read a novel the rest of the afternoon. This is exceedingly unusual behavior for me, as I try to limit my fiction reading to night time. (The book? Nine Coaches Waiting by Mary Stewart. It was written in the 50's and is a light yet well-written gothic romance set in France with just the right amount of untranslated French to make one feel as though one's language skills haven't slipped too badly. If you need diversionary reading, it is recommended.) Now my fatigue could also have something to do with the fact that the previous night L. had great trouble falling asleep during the first part of the night and R. had great trouble staying asleep during the last part of the night. This fatigue felt bone-deep, though, and not just tiredness. I felt so done in that drive-through fast food was acquired. This happens even more infrequently than fiction reading during the day. Most children did not complain about this state of affairs.

Today, after a good night's sleep, I felt better, though I'm still finding that I need to sit and rest a bit throughout the day which I don't normally need to do. It is annoying and I'm heartily over it. We did make real food for dinner, though. Tonight was black bean cakes with lime sour cream and a salad. G. had made gingerbread earlier in the day, so that was dessert. 

Here's to hoping that after another good night's sleep that life will feel much more back to normal.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach