The right activity at the right time

I finally worked my way around the table to spending some one-on-one time with H., after a rather Monday-ish Monday. (Yes, I actually threatened them with math and grammar seven days a week if the weekend break was going to cause such agony for everyone. Truly, you would have thought I had asked them to cut off their toes.) But, work was eventually begun and I could move along to the other children who were patiently waiting for my time. 

For the past couple of weeks, I have been working through a variety of activities to H. as a kind of reassessment of where she is. I am happy to report that many things which were challenging in previous years are no longer. This is great! It also means that I'm going to have to do some work to figure out what I'm doing with her next. Today I remembered about the Venn diagram activity I had, but because it lives in a different place from the other activity boxes, I had forgotten about it. 

I have found something that is exactly where she is! She could do it, but it took some thinking and she needed a bit of help from me. I'm thrilled... not only because this is going to be a good activity for H. for a while, but because I've always really loved this particular activity, but it never quite hit anyone at the right time. When I made it it was either too easy or too complicated for that particular group of children. I'm happy it is going to get some real use. (It could also be positive reinforcement for keeping activities and curricula that don't seem to be immediately useful.)



__________________
And now a bit of bloggy business. I'm told by Amazon that I need to be more diligent in informing my readers that when I link to a book or product, I receive a small (tiny, minuscule, trifling, slight, inconsequential) percentage of any products purchased through the link provided. [We're doing synonyms in grammar.] You have now been notified. Again. My thanks to anyone who does purchase through the link, every so often I receive a small gift certificate which usually goes to buying more books. But really I link so that it's easy for you to get the details of any book I mention so that it is easier to put it on hold at the library. It's what I would do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach