New project

Remember when I took a quilting class a couple of years ago and made this?


I had some fabric left over as well as some of the squares I used to make the zigzags. In the book I bought at the quilt store in Michigan, there was a cute pinwheel quilt that seemed as though I could handle. In looking through my stash, I realized that it might be fun to use the leftover fabric (because it is really nice fabric and I like it) to make another quilt. Plus, it would fulfill my cheapness in that I would be getting another quilt out of some fairly expensive fabric. I did need to buy a background color, but that was better than having to buy all the fabric. 

Today, I finished doing the initial sewing, so I could start to see what the quilt will look like. I will need to do a lot of playing around with the squares to get the colors in the right place, but here is a little glimpse into what it will look like.


I will be a lot of fun to play around with the colors when I get all of these blocks cut,


and pressed open.


In making these little 2-inch squares, I am left with a bunch of perfectly shaped triangles.


As I looked at them, I wondered if I could put them together to make little tiny pinwheel blocks, so took a break from cutting and tried it.


Look! Isn't it cute? Each little square is about 1-1/4 inches. I'm now thinking it would be fun to be able to put little tiny pinwheel blocks in the quilt with the larger pinwheel blocks. It will require some playing. First thing is to create all the individual quilt squares so I can do that. This could take the better part of the winter depending on how much time I can work on it. It's kind of fun to have a quilting project where I can do a little work here and there. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach