Meal Planning - July 20 - 26, 2020

Sometimes I just don't get to the meal planning. It's not actually my favorite task, so I tend to put it off. Then sometimes, such as this week, I put it off for a bit too long. Sure, I could have come home from my riding lesson, made my list, then gone back out to the grocery store(s), but that would've ended up taking the majority of the afternoon, and I was unwilling to devote that much time to it. Instead, I drove straight to the store after my riding lesson without a list. I knew what I needed to restock, and figured I would made up the meals as I went along. I think it worked, though I still have to write them down and assign days.

Here are the meals that I bought ingredients for:

Yellow potato and chicken curry with naan
Lemon spaghetti with garlic bread
Grilled pork and pineapple served over rice
Steak, blue cheese, and caramelized onion salad
Cherry chicken pasta salad
Gazpacho (At least I bought tomato juice. I've never made gazpacho, but it's going to be hot this weekend and it sounded good. I have lots of cucumbers... )

Last night we had sloppy joes and sauteed green beans because most of those things I had on hand. (I did make a quick run for a couple of things.) Tonight we had sausage risotto, left over from last week where I hit a wall and we ordered take-out pizza.

Meals are still kind of a work in progress, but we'll eat. I may be doing this for a couple of weeks, because I started my homeschool planning in earnest today, and since I don't multitask this is all I can think about. Plus, it's hot and I don't like to cook (or eat) when it is hot.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach