I'm coming to the conclusion I have too many interests

If you were to walk into and around my house right now, you would see:

  • Over 20 cucumbers waiting to be turned into pickles in the kitchen
  • An Australian saddle in my living room waiting for its next dose of oil to keep trying to soften up the leather
  • Too much laundry piled up in the utility room, but also some kombucha that most certainly has turned into vinegar at this point
  • A table in my studio piled high with books and notes that I've been using to plan our homeschool year
  • An unfinished dress on the dress form, as well as other smaller projects waiting to be finished in other corners of the room
  • Also in the studio is a spinning wheel with a half-filled bobbin waiting to have more yarn spun
  • A stack of books in my bedroom either begun or waiting to be read. (You'd also see a basket of folded laundry waiting to be put away, but I'm ignoring that right now, so you can, too.)
  • In both my studio and bedroom are knitting projects that are half completed
  • Vegetable gardens that need some weeding
  • Flower gardens that need... something... anything
  • Horses to be ridden and worked with. A really thorough grooming wouldn't hurt, either.
  • Woods I would like to walk though
I'm sure I could list even more things if I thought about it even a little bit longer. Laundry aside, there really does seem to be a theme of half finished projects strewn about the house. The trouble is I genuinely want to do all of these things. I enjoy them. There just isn't enough time in the day to get to all (or sometimes any) of them after doing the necessities of life. (Clearly the state of the laundry indicates that I do not view it as a necessity. This may change as more and more children begin to complain of not having anything to wear.) I'm afraid that even if I skipped all the necessities that there still would not be enough time for me to do everything I'm interested in and enjoy doing. It kind of stinks, frankly.

One of the girls, either G. or L., I can't remember, thought it would be a terrific thing if one could make time stop while they were reading. This would mean you could read as many books as you like, but still have time to do things such as cooking and grocery shopping and laundry. I would kind of like to extend the time stopping ability to any activity I enjoy. Then, perhaps, I could actually do all the things I want to. 

Tomorrow will be the first day in over a week where I don't have something that I need to do. It is totally empty. I have grand plans for it. I also know that my grand plans involved possibly a week's worth of activities, so the actuality of getting to them all seems unlikely. Those cucumbers are not going to wait for anyone, so I think the pickle making needs to go to the top of the list. Sorry laundry.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach