Meal Planning - June 29 - July 5, 2020

It's very hot and humid this week. I do not like very hot and humid; it makes me not want to eat, much less cook. But while it was a near thing, I did come up with a menu for the week.

Monday, June 29

Grilled chicken
     I didn't make it to the store today because I hadn't yet made a menu and list, so we were forced to make do with what was on hand. We had chicken in the freezer, so that was easy.
Stuffing
     From a box
Salad
     Lettuce we have in abundance, oh and sugar snap peas, too.

Tuesday, June 30

Taco salad 
     It's cold and it tastes good. No other reason.
Cornbread
     I'm hoping I can convince G. to make this for me.

Wednesday, July 1 

Swedish meatballs
     I know this sounds a little warmer than the rest of the menu, but it sounded good, and when I went to IKEA a few weeks ago, I picked up several jars of lignonberry sauce, which I haven't been able to find out here at all. It's all about using the lignonberry sauce, which I love.
Boiled potatoes
Cream sauce
Lignonberry sauce

Thursday, July 2

Spiced cauliflower with ziti
     This is a new recipe for us. The vast majority of my people adore cauliflower (go figure, it's not in my top five favorite vegetables), so this should be popular.
Garlic bread
Salad

Friday, July 3

Coconut beef curry
     It's been quite a few weeks since we have had this popular stand-by
Fresh noodles
Egg rolls

Saturday, July 4

Brats
     We'll make the buns from scratch, but splurge and go to our local meat store which sells an amazing array of brats.
Potato salad
     This is my cheating version of potato salad. Boil some red potatoes, mix with cooked bacon and sliced green onions, mix with ranch dressing.
Sliced kohlrabi with Tajin seasoning
     I noticed the kohlrabi in the garden is starting to become exceedingly large. In researching what to do with it, I found reference to it being good eaten raw. So I decided to try it like I fix jicama, sliced with Tajin seasoning. we love jicama that way, so we'll see if we equally like kohlrabi. I hope so, because I have quite a bit in the garden.

Sunday, July 5

Grilled chicken and vegetable orzo salad
     Another cold salad, plus it uses nearly everything I already had... orzo, arugula from the garden, goat cheese (in the freezer).
French bread
     From scratch

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach