Meal Planning - June 15 - 21, 2020

Monday, June 15
(G.'s chosen birthday dinner)

Macaroni and cheese
     homemade
Raw vegetables and dip
Root beer floats

Tuesday, June 16
(L.'s chosen birthday dinner. These are all recipes from her Redwall Cookbook, and she and G. have plans to make it all themselves.)

Crispy cheese 'n' onion hogbake
Parsnip, tater, and beetroot pie
Salad
Blackberry and apple cake

Wednesday, June 17

Chicken curry
Basmati rice
Naan

Thursday, June 18

Summer squash and basil pasta
     The basil plants in the garden are growing nicely, and I can finally pick recipes that use fresh basil.
Garlic bread

Friday, June 19

Hamburgers
     Grilled, on homemade buns
Garlic potatoes

Saturday, June 20
(D's birthday dinner)

Cherry chicken salad
     A cold salad that's one of our favorites
French bread
     From scratch
(I still don't know what he wants for his dessert)

Sunday, June 21
(J.'s birthday dinner)

Chalupa
Probably some sort of pie

__________
Does anyone else think grocery prices are higher than usual? I bought zero meat this week nor did I have a huge amount in my cart, but it was an expensive shopping trip. A good chunk of the food was vegetables and only fruit that was significantly on sale. So frustrating. I did buy ten fresh pineapples. They were on sale for 89 cents each. This is well below my $0.99/pound buy rate for fruit.

I plan on canning most of it as just straight pineapple pieces to use in various things during the winter. People also really loved the pineapple jam I made a while back, so I will probably make another batch of that as well. I'm realizing I'm heading into the season where I have to plan what needs to be preserved so I don't end up with rotting fruit on my counter. This week is pineapple, next week will probably be strawberries since the local u-pick places are open, and are anticipating having berries for the next three weeks or so. I've also noticed the mulberry trees are starting to set fruit, so batches of mulberry syrup will need to be made. And the black raspberry bushes are starting to set fruit...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach