Happy 17th Birthday, D.!

I drove into Evanston this afternoon for a drive-by (and stop and visit while socially distanced) bridal shower for a good friend, so I'm kind of tired. It was a lot of driving and also a lot of socializing. Far more socializing than I have done in literally months. I'm tired. A good tired because it was good to visit face-to-face with friends.

On the way there I heard a really interesting interview on the radio. I had to keep saying the name of the person over and over again so that I could remember it until I was off the tollway and stopped at a red light to write it down. I was able to do that, so my next step is to do some more research on what I was hearing. I can't even tell you the speaker's name right now because I promptly forgot it the second I wrote it down, and the piece of paper is downstairs in my purse. The quote that caught my ear as I was driving and caused me to pay more attention was, "We descend into despair when we lack imagination." Intriguing, huh?

I came home to dinner already prepared and we celebrated the first part of D.'s birthday. Tomorrow when B. can join us we'll celebrate J.'s birthday and give D. his presents.



And because I'm tired and it's been a long, hot day, that's all I've got for you. Well, that and a funny cat picture. We discovered Nefertiti inside the bag that the clothes A. bought for G. and L. for their birthdays arrived in.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach